❄ February 2022 ❄
The school is still trying to keep all children and staff as safe as possible so please follow the FACTS guidance at all times. As in previous months, it is still extremely important that our classrooms are kept well ventilated so the windows will be open throughout the day. We continue to use CO2 monitors in the classroom which alert us to higher levels and prompt us to open the door. Therefore please ensure that your child wears a warm jumper/fleece as wearing layers is the best way to keep warm. Also it is extremely important that all children come to school with a warm jacket/coat.
- Spelling: homework tasks consist of pupils writing new spelling words in their homework jotter on Wednesday each week. At home they should use:
LOOK THINK/SAY COVER WRITE CHECK
- 🔤 writing out their new spelling words three times in neat columns. They should also complete an activity card which will earn pupils credit card points. Completed spelling homework should be returned the following Monday to be marked and the next spelling pattern will be given for homework on Wednesday each week. All activities are discussed in class so your child should be able to complete these tasks independently or with minimal adult support.
- Numeracy & Maths: each week an activity sheet will be given to practise work which has been taught in class. Pupils can write straight onto this sheet so no need to copy into their jotters and this can be returned in their folder on Monday of the following week.
- Reading: all pupils have been allocated a reading book which goes home once or twice per week to be read with an adult. It is extremely important that this activity is done at home as only through regular reading practice, will children improve this valuable life skill! Please ensure your child’s reading book is returned to school on the date written on the bookmark. It would also be helpful if you could initial this when you have heard your child read.
- PE/Health & Wellbeing: this will be a mix of indoor and outdoor activities where possible and to that end, can children please come dressed for outdoor PE on Monday and Wednesday each week. An outdoor kit will consist of trainers, shorts/jogging bottoms/leggings, t-shirt, fleece and outdoor showerproof jacket. We still don’t have a changing area at present so children will wear their kit for the day. Additionally, please ensure pupils bring a water bottle to keep hydrated.
Student Teacher – Mr Ferguson is now half way through his time with P4 and the pupils are really enjoying having him in class.
Mandarin – P4 will continue to take part in weekly, half hour Mandarin lessons every Wednesday morning.
Digital Devices – All pupils have now received their own Chromebook to use between home and school. We are going to keep the Chromebooks in school until pupils have become familiar using them but will be in touch soon with further guidance. For further information on the programme, please see the links below.
Equipped for Learning Information
🥗Lunches – P4 will now have their lunch in the school dining hall and can order a free hot meal from the school canteen via ParentPay beforehand. We remind children of their choices for lunch every morning. Alternatively, children can bring in their own packed lunch from home to eat in the dining hall.
📅 Diary dates:
Friday 11th February 2022 – Break up for February holiday, 12:25
Monday 21th February 2022 – All start back, 8:50am
If you have any queries regarding homework or wish to discuss another aspect of your child’s education please contact Mrs Roy or myself by email on our new address:
Many thanks for your support,
Mrs Watts & Mrs Roy