* SHOEBOX APPEAL DONATIONS should be in on Wednesday this week -please see below for the letter that was handed out last week, we appreciate your support.*
This year the school has decided to contribute to the children’s shoe box appeal run by Operation Christmas Child (for children who don’t receive as much as we do at Christmas). We think this will help us to appreciate that there are some children who are less fortunate than ourselves.
We are not asking you to spend a lot, but if every child donates something little, then together we can make a big difference!
We would appreciate it if your child could make a small donation from the suggested list below:
- Toys – e.g. doll/cuddly toy, trucks, skipping rope, yoyo, ball, small puzzles or musical instruments, with a CE label.
- School Supplies – e.g. pens, colouring pencils, crayons, notebooks, solar calculator, colouring and picture books etc.
- Hygiene Items – e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of (wrapped) soap, comb/brush, flannel.
- Other Items – e.g. hat, gloves, scarf, sunglasses, hair accessories, wind up torch, jewellery sets, sweets, etc.
Please do not include:
Used/damaged items, war related items, such as toy guns/soldiers, clothing other than listed above, playing cards, liquids/lotions, medicines, hand made/knitted stuffed toys, sharp or fragile items, chocolate, anything of a political/religious/racial nature, books with lots of words.
If you are unable to provide something for the shoebox, but would still like to contribute, please can you give a small amount (e.g. £1) which would help to cover the postage costs (£3 per box). (If we collect more money than is needed for the postage costs, we will use the money to buy additional items to put in the boxes).
There will be a box in every classroom where children can deposit the items. We will be collecting the boxes on Wednesday 2nd November.
Thank you in advance for all your help and support.
From the House Captains in P7