Loanhead Primary School is an inclusive 7 class, non-denominational Primary school, with a current roll of 197. The School has two Nursery classes (AM and PM) with a capacity of 30 in each.The School moved to the new community campus in February 2008.
The Ramsay Campus is shared with St. Margarets RC Primary School and various other Community Services including Playmates Playgroup and Loanhead After School Club. The shared facilities include two P.E. halls, an expressive arts hall, dining facilities and a fantastically well equipped playground.
Loanhead Primary School is part of the Lasswade High School cluster and also enjoys close links with the Active Schools co-ordinators.
We aspire to become a learning organisation capable of continuous improvement – renowned for the excellent quality of learning and teaching, ensuring that all children are Safe, Healthy, Active, Nurtured, Achieving, Respected, Responsible, Included.
( Getting it right for every child, SHANARRI)
In carrying out all aspects of our work, we:
- Conduct ourselves with integrity, impartiality, fairness, tolerance and mutual respect
- Value diversity, promoting social inclusion – in an environment where everyone is welcome: and
- Seek progress through partnership, working closely with people with whom we share a common purpose
- Promote well-being and respect
- Develop a culture of ambition and achievement
- Develop a common vision among children, parents and staff
- Foster high quality leadership
- Work in partnership with other agencies and our community
- Work together with parents to improve learning
- Reflect on our work and thrive on challenge
- Value and empower staff and children
click here to read the school HMIe report.