Hello and apologies for the delay in wishing you all a Happy New Year for 2020!
We are delighted to welcome Miss Bone into P4 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until the February break and then she will be in class full time until the end of March. She will initially observe lessons and then increase responsibility and lead some learning herself with Mrs Roy and myself assisting.
- Spelling: Pupils will write their new spelling words in their jotter on Wednesday this week. At home they should use:
LOOK THINK COVER WRITE CHECK
to write out their new spelling words three times in neat columns. They should also complete a green activity card which will earn pupils 2 credit card points. An optional red activity may be completed for extra practice (and 1 credit card point) but is not mandatory
- Numeracy & Maths: please continue to practise individually chosen times tables for ‘hot-seat’ testing in class
- Reading: pupils will be learning new Literacy Circle roles in class over the next few weeks so there will be no need to take reading books home. Reading groups will continue to be heard in class
- Pupil Talks: pupils have chosen dates and times for their personal choice of topic to be presented to the class in their chosen form (slips went home last week). Talks should be approximately 2 minutes with questions at the end. Skills will be taught in class over the coming weeks and slips include some handy hints but please ensure pupils do not worry about this and have fun preparing
- PE : will continue as normal this week on Tuesday and Thursday with a P4 class handball tournament on Fridays over the coming weeks
Monday 20th January 2020 – Teachers will hear Scottish poems this week and choose two pupils to recite their poem at a special assembly on Friday 24th January.
Thursday 6th February 2020 – Learning Trio, 3:45pm – 8:00pm, Appointment forms will be sent out this week.
Friday 7th February 2020 – Learning Trio, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
As always, many thanks for your support,
Mrs Watts & Mrs Roy