The final countdown has begun- we have reached the last week of term before the summer holidays! As such, the only homework this week is to finish the spelling lists (91-100).
- I will collect all reading books in on Wednesday. Please return any library books too please.
- Sumdog winners – I have worked out the top 3 players throughout P2 and will present these pupils with a small prize on Wednesday, as I will do to the top 3 players in our current competition. Well done to all who took part and remember, Sumdog should be open over the holidays if children have a spare half hour or so.
- PE will happen at different times this week due to demands on the large gym hall so please make sure your child has his/her kit with them all week.
- Sturdy plastic bags- please hand one in on or before Wednesday so your child can empty their work trays and bring art work home.
- A reminder that school finishes at noon on Friday.
I just want to wish everyone a happy and safe summer holiday. I have very much enjoyed teaching this wonderful class and although I am sad to see them go, will look forward to watching their progress in P3 with the lovely Miss P and Miss L. I also want to thank you, the parents, for being so supportive throughout.
Miss Sara Brunt
Thank you P6 for an excellent year full of learning and fun. I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching you all and getting to know you. I hope you have a great summer holiday.
A la prochaine!
Primary 5 would like to thank everyone who has already donated to our Out Run May event last month. Our total so far (including gift aid) is £970! This is an incredible amount and a lot more than our initial target of £204.
The class all did really well, running their mile(s) a day in all weather and our best class time was shaved from 11 minutes 90 seconds to an amazing 7 minutes 15 seconds (well done Archie).
We were even featured in the advertiser (is anyone has a spare copy can you let Mrs Hinton have it please?) and on their web page! http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/loanhead-pupils-keep-on-running-1-4141332
P.S It is not too late to donate. We will have a final total for MacMillan next week when one of their volunteers can hopefully come to visit the class. DONATE NOW
A big thanks to the Parent Council who raised over £1 500.00 at our summer fair last week. This was a super achievement and was down to all their hard work.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the parent council for their organising of events and support to the school throughout the year, we really appreciate all you do for our children.
If you are interested in coming along to join the parent council or help at events please contact the school office for details of our chairperson. Or, alternatively, come along to one of the meetings which are held in school throughout the year, everyone is welcome!