Can you believe November is here? It has been such a strange but quick year!
This week in P1 we will continue to work on our sounds which are “u” and “l”. Pupils are learning to use these to build CVC words (consonant, vowel, consonant) such as cat, rat, mat, hat etc. This is an activity they can do at home using their green sounds cards.
Reading books for the week are sent home on Monday (Monday: half the book, Tues: other half, Wed: whole book, Thurs: whole book with pictures covered or activity). Please continue to learn the stage 1 and 2 words
Numeracy: We are looking at the number before and after within 10 as well as number pairs that make 10.
Ideas to try at home:
- Show me 6 fingers, can you show me it in another way? – can you do it without looking t your fingers/hands in the air?
- Can you count back from 7 to 0, can you count to 10 from 4?etc.
- Find 10 objects, group them and discuss number stories. e.g. There are 3 leaves and if I add 7 I make 10.
Continuing with people who help us, we are looking at The Emergency Services and how to make a 999 call etc. We are also looking at harmful and helpful substances.
- Look out for “report cards” on Tuesday
- Milk money to be paid by Wednesday
- Christmas Cards and order forms should be out on Friday
- Pupils should bring outdoor clothing, layers and gloves etc. If wearing wellies, pupils can bring a change of footwear as long as they have non slip, hard soles and the child can put them on and secure them themselves.🍂