Welcome back P6!
I hope everyone had a fantastic summer and is feeling refreshed and prepared for the new term. The classroom is set up, ready for everyone to come into.
The first week back after the summer break always brings fresh challenges – getting used to a new classroom, a new teacher, new routines, new everything! Thus, we’ll gently ease ourselves into the P6 routine this week and so, there will be no homework set until next week.
Now for a few ‘housekeeping’ requests – Can pupils please try and bring;
– A pencil case with writing pencils, coloured pens/pencils, rubber, sharpener and if possible, a glue stick and a ruler.
– A book, comic or magazine for personal reading ( no worries if not, we do have a library)
– A full PE kit for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
– A healthy snack and a filled water bottle
– A packed lunch or school dinner paid for through ParentPay
If children must bring a phone, it should be handed in to me first thing to be locked away for safe keeping before being handed back at the end of the day. Children really shouldn’t be bringing any other valuable items with them to school.
Please check this webpage weekly for updates – I do try and publish each forthcoming week on a Sunday evening. I will send home a paper copy of this welcome page with my email address on it if you have any queries.
Finally, I’d like to welcome Miss Dickson, a teaching student, to P6. Miss Dickson will be working with us until February 2019!
Miss Sara Brunt