Here is the plan for the week ahead.
Photographer will be in school on Wednesday to take pictures of individuals and siblings.
Spelling – Thank you to everyone who completed their homework and handed it in on Friday! An impressive start to P2! Please note that children don’t have to do every written task from Grid B ( unless he/she really wants to!) This week’s sound focus is ch so please study List 2. Jotter work to be handed in on Friday please.
Reading – Every child got a new book last week and we’ll soon find our rhythm with reading days. I’ll try and see/hear each group by the end of Tuesday. Please check book bags daily for updates. I tend to use Post-it notes for this.
Numeracy – I won’t send home any numeracy homework just yet but just for your information we have already been working on:
- odd/even numbers
- add and subtract up to 10 and beyond
- coin recognition to £2 and change from 10p ( We have ‘Money Mondays’)
- counting up in 2s, 5s and 10s and I note that some still need to practise counting back from 20 in ones.
- revising halves during ‘Fraction Friday’.
- problem solving using numbers in real life scenarios.
This week, we’ll keep revising the above and also focus on adding one/taking away one.
Music– children get a music session with Mrs Callaghan every Monday.
PE – will be on Wednesday with Mrs Duncan and on Thursday with myself.
Topic – P1 and P2 hope to collaborate on a Harvest theme soon so information will follow over the next couple of weeks.
That’s all for now,
Thanks for your support,