Please follow the link below to view our 2020/2021 Duty of Candour report
I hope you all had a lovely and restful Easter holiday. What wonderful weather we had!
Below are just a few reminders of what is happening this week. I will also post reminders on Google Classroom too.
Spelling homework can be found on Google Classroom and should be completed in your child’s green jotter and brought in on Friday.
Reading books should be taken home everyday and returned the next morning so your child can join in with their group. Please help your child have a look for their reading record as it is very important they get a signature from an adult every night to evidence homework completion.
We have P.E. with Mrs Duncan on Wednesday so children should come to school dressed in their P.E kit.
P5 are also very lucky to have Miss Sun on Thursday afternoons for Mandarin, and we have our whole school zoom assembly on Friday.
If you need anything then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Miss Lauren Waller
Welcome back P7 for term 3!
It has been a busy first week back for P7. They have enjoyed being able to catch up with friends after the holidays!
Homework to be set on Monday 26th April.
- Reading – (This book will be brought home to read during the week.)
- Spellings – (Access on Google Classroom.)
- Maths worksheet
- Revise for Fraction Friday with Mrs Caldwell.
Complete and return by Friday 30th April.
- Yearbook photographs – (See the letter handed out to pupils on creating a year book, as further details are available.) This info should be collected and brought into school as soon as possible.
- If you can bring the photographs and information in on your memory stick or keep it all together in a poly pocket that would be much appreciated. All photos will be scanned and then returned to the pupil. It is estimated to cost around £10.
- P7 Football Club – Starts Monday 26th April (3:15pm – 4pm.)
Thank you for your support,
As the weather is changing children are choosing to spend more time outdoors. It is very important to ensure the children are protected from the sun. Below is a link to our current sun protection policy. If you feel we could add to or improve this then please give any ideas to a member of staff.
Good Morning Primary 2,
✨Welcome back to school P4! ✨
We are delighted to back on school grounds and particularly so in this lovely spring weather. Obviously we still have to adhere to safety measure to ensure all children and staff in school are as safe as possible so please follow the FACTS guidance at all times. When we are working indoors, it is still extremely important that our classrooms are kept well ventilated so the windows will be open throughout the day. Please ensure that your child also brings in a warm jumper/fleece as it can still get chilly and wearing layers is the best way to keep warm.
Unfortunately we are still unable to use the indoor hall spaces so will be as creative with the outdoor and classroom space as much as possible whilst ensuring everyone’s safety.
- 🔡Spelling: will continue from w/b 22nd March with pupils writing new spelling words in their homework jotter on Tuesday each week. At home they should use:
LOOK THINK/SAY COVER WRITE CHECK
to write out their new spelling words three times in neat columns. They should also complete an activity card which will earn pupils 2 credit card points. An optional second activity may be completed for extra practice (and 1 credit card point) but is not mandatory. Completed spelling homework should be returned the following Monday to be marked and the next spelling pattern will be given for homework on Tuesday each week.
- 🔢Numeracy & Maths: please use the enclosed activity sheet to practise work which has been taught in class. Pupils can write straight onto this sheet so no need to copy into their jotters and this can be returned in their folder on Monday of the following week.
- 📚Reading: all pupils have been allocated a reading book which will go home twice per week to be read with an adult. It is extremely important that this activity is done at home as only through regular reading practice, will children improve this valuable life skill! Please ensure your child’s reading book is returned to school on the date written on the bookmark. It would also be helpful if you could initial this when you have heard your child read.
- 👟PE/Health & Wellbeing: this will be an outdoor activity where possible and to that end, can children please come dressed for outdoor PE on the allocated day each week (see dates below). An outdoor kit will consist of trainers, shorts/jogging bottoms/leggings, t-shirt, fleece and outdoor showerproof jacket. We have no changing areas at present so children will wear their kit for the day.
Date P.E. / Health & Wellbeing Activity Day 18.03.21 Thursday 23.03.21 Tuesday 01.04.21 Thursday 02.04.21 to 19.04.21 Easter Break 20.04.21 Tuesday 29.04.21 Thursday 11.05.21 Tuesday
🧪Science – P4 will continue to enjoy learning on Friday mornings with Mrs Cummings and their class teacher. These lessons will take place both inside and outside so please ensure pupils are appropriately dressed. Mrs Cummings is looking for some household items so if you are able to donate any of the following this would be much appreciated:
CDs, DVDs, plastic disposable sports bottles with lids, corks, old plastic loyalty cards, small wind-up toys, pringle tubes and lids, plastic ice-cream tubs.
🥐French – Mrs Caldwell will be teaching P4s a French Easter song which highlights some of the traditions celebrated in France.
🧧Mandarin – P4 have been lucky enough to have been chosen to receive a block of x 6, hour long Mandarin lessons every Wednesday from 17th March to 5th May. Ms Ling Sun will provide some introductory lessons over the 6 week period which we are sure the children will enjoy.
Friday 2nd April 2021 – Monday 19th April, Easter Holiday
Tuesday 20th April 2021 – Pupils return
If you have any queries regarding homework or wish to discuss another aspect of your child’s education please contact Mrs Roy or myself by email:
Many thanks for your support,
Mrs Watts & Mrs Roy
📚 As part of World Book Day, the children always love to be given their book token in school. This year I have been given a digital book token for parents/carers to save onto their phones and use in participating stores. The children can get one of the £1 books using this token or they can get money off the other World Book Day books. This can be used until March 28th.
Enjoy 🙂 and remember to send in your extreme reading photos
Hello hello P3,
Things to Note this week:
- This week we will be celebrating world book day (Thursday March 4th). We are lucky enough to have a real children’s author (Michelle Hogg, Poggelty Poo and Flip Flop Flew) reading the children a story virtually and answering their questions about story writing. This will also be posted on Google Classroom should your child wish to watch it at home too. In addition to this we are encouraging children to get involved in the extreme reading challenge. For this we are asking children to take a photo of them in an unusual place or position reading their favourite stories. If you google this you will see lots of fab examples. It would great if you could get involved to help us promote reading. Can any pictures taken be posted on the Google Classroom class stream so everyone can see and so we can use the images to create a lovely library display.
- Our PE days have changed this term and will now take place on a Monday and a Wednesday. Please ensure your child is dressed suitable and government guidelines state ALL PE must take place outdoors in p3 and as you know right now the weather is quite changeable so if you could keep this in mind on Mondays and Wednesdays .
Since this year has forced us all to become Google Classroom experts we are going to try to use it a bit more in p3, especially for homework
Next week everyone will have their spelling homework as per usual, however it will be on GC instead of being stuck into jotters as well as a numeracy task. This just means we are being a little more eco friendly and homework instructions are always accessible even if the blue jotter goes missing or if I accidentally miss a jotter in my marking pile!
Can blue jotters please be handed in on Friday of this week so I can mark work, see who needs new jotters and get them back out for homework roll out next Monday.
In terms of reading, reading books have been handed out to everyone unless your child is working on Read, Write Inc books as we are reassessing to see where they are in their learning post lockdown so we know where to start them now we are back. These children will receive a reading book next week.
Miss Ramsay x