Happy New Year – 2022!
Welcome back! We hope you have had a restful holiday and are ready to start the new year.
The school have had to tighten rules around Covid-19 restrictions so pupils will continue to have lunch in the classroom until further notice.
We still have to adhere to safety measures to ensure all children and staff in school are as safe as possible so please follow the FACTS guidance at all times. As in previous months, it is still extremely important that our classrooms are kept well ventilated so the windows will be open throughout the day. We continue to use CO2 monitors in the classroom which alert us to higher levels and prompt us to open the door. Therefore please ensure that your child wears a warm jumper/fleece as wearing layers is the best way to keep warm. Also it is extremely important that all children come to school with a warm jacket/coat.
- Spelling: homework tasks consist of pupils writing new spelling words in their homework jotter on Wednesday each week. At home they should use:
LOOK THINK/SAY COVER WRITE CHECK
- to write out their new spelling words three times in neat columns. They should also complete an activity card which will earn pupils credit card points. Completed spelling homework should be returned the following Monday to be marked and the next spelling pattern will be given for homework on Wednesday each week. All activities are discussed in class so your child should be able to complete these tasks independently or with minimal adult support.
- Numeracy & Maths: due to the school focusing on Scottish poetry recitals there will be no written homework handed out but we would encourage pupils to continue to practise their chosen times table.
- Reading: all pupils have been allocated a reading book which goes home once or twice per week to be read with an adult. It is extremely important that this activity is done at home as only through regular reading practice, will children improve this valuable life skill! Please ensure your child’s reading book is returned to school on the date written on the bookmark. It would also be helpful if you could initial this when you have heard your child read.
- PE/Health & Wellbeing: this will be a mix of indoor and outdoor activities where possible and to that end, can children please come dressed for outdoor PE on Monday and Wednesday each week. An outdoor kit will consist of trainers, shorts/jogging bottoms/leggings, t-shirt, fleece and outdoor showerproof jacket. We still don’t have a changing area at present so children will wear their kit for the day.
🧑🏫Student Teacher – We would like to extend a warm welcome to Mr Ferguson who will be joining P4 for the next 10 weeks.
Mandarin – P4 will continue to take part in weekly, half hour Mandarin lesson every Wednesday morning. Ms Ling Sun has been providing introductory lessons over the first few terms which the children will continue to enjoy.
💻Digital Devices – All pupils will received a digital device to use between home and school. For further information on the programme, and to fill out the parental agreement form please see the links below. The devices will not be allocated for full use until the agreements are filled out. This is an online form.
Equipped for Learning Information
Parental Acknowledgement Form (must be completed ASAP).
Monday 24th January 2022 – Class Scottish Poetry Recitals
If you have any queries regarding homework or wish to discuss another aspect of your child’s education please contact Mrs Roy or myself by email on our new address:
Many thanks for your support,
Mrs Watts & Mrs Roy