We would like to wish you Happy New Year. I know this is not the start to the year we had hoped for but we are working hard this week to support key-worker families and get ready for Home Learning – Part 2 which begins on Monday 11th January 2021.
We had hoped that we would not be faced with another period of learning from home but unfortunately the virus has a sting in its tail and we need to re-focus our efforts on supporting our children and school community remotely in, hopefully, this final push before the vaccine is rolled out.
We will be using Google Classrooms as our delivery platform and packs of jotters have been organised. P4 pupils who did not take home jotter packs at the end of term, can collect theirs from the school office. The office will be open normal school hours so from the morning of Monday 11th January, people will be able to collect packs.
Mrs Roy and myself will continue to be active on Google Classroom on our normal days so Monday and Thursday – Mrs Roy and Tuesday and Wednesday – Mrs Watts plus alternating Fridays with Mrs Roy working Friday 15th January.
You can find your child’s login details glued into the inside cover of their homework jotters and we had a brief practise logging in on the last day of term but if you have any difficulties, Mrs Hinton is our expert and happy to help.
Daily learning at home will consist of:
- 3 curricular areas – literacy, numeracy and one other
- Daily post from teacher on group chat (Stream) within Google Classrooms outlining the days activities
- Assignments will be posted and used to gather evidence of learning
- Children can submit pictures of their work or work straight onto their assignment
- Queries on assignments can be made via ‘Group Chat’ (Stream tab) which the teacher will monitor at intervals throughout the school day
- More specific, individual queries can be made by e-mail to either class teacher
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further information and we look forward to welcoming you on to Google Classrooms from Monday 11th January.
Mrs Watts – J.Watts@mgfl.net
Mrs Roy – S.Roy@mgfl.net