- Spelling: pupils have written their new spelling words in their jotter on Wednesday this week. At home they should use:
LOOK THINK/SAY COVER WRITE CHECK
to write out their new spelling words three times in neat columns. They should also complete an activity card which will earn pupils 2 credit card points. An optional second activity may be completed for extra practice (and 1 credit card point) but is not mandatory. Completed spelling homework should be returned the following Tuesday to be marked and the next spelling pattern will be given for homework on Wednesday each week.
Thank you to those who have covered their child’s homework jotter using wrapping paper or old wallpaper to help keep it from ripping as it goes back and forth between home and school. All pupils have also been given a plastic folder to help with this transition.
- Numeracy & Maths: please use the enclosed activity sheet to practise work which has been taught in class. Pupils can write straight onto this sheet so no need to copy into their jotters and this can be returned in their folder on Tuesday of the following week.
- Reading: all pupils have been allocated a reading book which will go home twice per week to be read with an adult. It is extremely important that this activity is done at home as only through regular reading practice, will children improve this valuable life skill! Please ensure your child’s reading book is returned to school on the date detailed on the bookmark. It would also be helpful if you could initial this when you have heard your child read.
- PE/Health & Wellbeing: this will be an outdoor activity where possible and to that end, can children please come dressed for outdoor PE on the allocated day each week (see dates below). An outdoor kit will consist of trainers, jogging bottoms/leggings, t-shirt and outdoor showerproof jacket. We have no changing areas at present so children will wear their kit for the day.
Date P.E. / Health & Wellbeing Activity Day 01.09.20 Tuesday 10.09.20 Thursday 15.09.20 Tuesday 24.09.20 Thursday 29.09.20 Tuesday 08.10.20 Thursday 13.10.20 Tuesday
Bird-feeders – P4 have really enjoyed making their individual bird-feeders and placing these around the school and the woods in the Bing. We will continue with outdoor learning throughout September as it has been a fantastic way to help pupils adjust to being back at school full-time.
Diary dates – Wednesday 16th September 2020, Loanhead Parent Council AGM
– Friday 18th September & Monday 21st September 2020, September Holiday
If you have any queries regarding homework or wish to discuss another aspect of your child’s education please contact Mrs Roy or myself by email:
Many thanks for your support,
Mrs Watts & Mrs Roy