I just wanted to start by saying how proud I am of the class the past few weeks. They have been working so hard and been completing some wonderful work, especially in their writing! They should be so proud of themselves and their progress so far in P2.
Christmas is approaching quicker than I like to admit, so I will post all the important dates for your diary in this post. Miss Ramsay and I have cast all the parts in the Nativity and we will be telling the children on Monday. Children with speaking parts will be given their lines on Monday to take home to learn. This year we are doing ‘Christmas with the Aliens’ and I can already tell it is going to be so much fun. We have started learning the songs in class and if you wish to practise them at home with your child, then please feel free. Here is the link with all the songs: http://dcsss1.weebly.com/year1/christmas-with-the-aliens-songs-lyrics
(We sing them all except Song 2 and 9)
Dates for your diary:
- Friday 15th November: Children in Need – Crazy Hair or Hat Day! Donations greatly appreciated.
- Friday 29th November: Christmas Fair, 12:30pm – 2pm. P1/2 are collecting ‘Nearly New Toys’ for the toy stall and the lower atrium are creating a ‘Pamper Hamper’ that can be won at the fair. We will be collecting for both of these things.
- Monday 9th December: P1/2 Nativity for the parents at 1:3opm in the large hall.
- Tuesday 10th December: Christmas Lunches and Christmas Jumper Day – we will be collecting donations to continue the funding of schooling for two children in Africa.
- Wednesday 11th December: Nursery – P4 have a Christmas show in school.
- Friday 13th December: P2/3 will be going to the local care home to do carol singing. Please could your child bring in a Christmas jumper/Christmassy headpiece to wear over their school uniform for this.
- Tuesday 17th December: P1/2 Christmas Party. Your child can bring in a change of clothes for this and get changed at lunchtime. Santa will also be visiting and parents are welcome to this as it is a great photo opportunity! I will keep you informed of times when I know.
- Friday 20th December: Whole school visit to the church and school ends at 12:25pm.
Homework for the week:
Reading: Pages to be read are written in your child’s green reading record. Please continue to revise your child’s key words with them. Once children can read these off by heart it improves their fluency and confidence greatly.
Spelling: We are learning the ‘ff’ sounds this week (cliff, sniff etc.). Please remember that instead of just writing the words in their jotters, children can write them in different colours, bubble writing, and silly sentences! You can even practise them however you like and just write about what you did.
As always if you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me or catch me at the end of the day – L.Waller@mgfl.net
I hope you all have a fab weekend,
Miss Lauren Waller